This website contains a series of browser-based projects created by Dimitris Gkikas, a Berlin-based new media artist and designer from Greece.
In his work, Gkikas is using found materials (such as GIF’s, stock images, videos) and systems (Google Street View) from the internet, which he manipulates and re-contextualises. By doing so, he is trying to redefine their primary context and display their undiscovered characteristics.
You can contact him here and find him on Instagram.
Selected Group Exhibitions
• Biennale WRO 2021: REVERSO, WRO Art Center, Wrocław (PL) • Distant Bodies, Museum of Now, Online Exhibition, Berlin (DE)
• Ars Electronica 2020, Ars Electronica .ART Global Gallery, Online Exhibition • In Between, Galerie Nord | Kunstverein Tiergarten, Berlin (DE)
• Online is the new IRL, Vector Festival 2020, Online Exhibition
• Technotribalism, 16th Athens Digital Arts Festival (ADAF), Online Exhibition
• FILE Sao Paulo 2019, Electronic Language International Festival, Sao Paulo (BR) • TransPiksel in Latin America, Piksel Festival, Lima (PE)
• FadenLos!, Zukunftsvisionen Festival für zeitgenössische Künste, Görlitz (DE)
• Oops!404, Transmediale Vorspiel, CTM and Liebig12, Berlin (DE)
• PIKSEL18 Buzzocrazy! SKUR14, Bergen (NO)
• Flashback Displacements, VOODOO55 Artspace, Berlin (DE)
• flakes/bits/pieces, Transmediale Vorspiel & Institut Für Alles Mögliche, Berlin (DE)
(2017) • The Wrong New Digital Art Biennale, Homeostasis-Lab, Sao Paulo (BR) • Generate! Festival Kulturhalle Tübingen, Tübingen (DE)
• Exhibition on Conceptual Art, CICA Museum, Seoul (KO)
• BYOB, Zaratan Contemporary Art, Lisbon (PO)
© 2015—2021 Dimitris Gkikas